I have been involved in a range of financial matters from simple to complex; with assets and business interests across Australia and overseas.
Financial matters involve not only dividing up the joint assets, but pending settlement may also involve such issues as:
- identifying and valuing assets;
- uncovering hidden assets or transfer of funds internationally;
- spouse maintenance;
- injunctions to preserve assets or the sale of assets.
I have been involved in all of these such matters and more.
I enjoy helping clients to resolve their financial disputes without the need to go to Court wherever possible. When the need arises, I have many years of experience representing clients in Court.
My experience in child related matters includes representing parents and extended family members (such as grandparents, aunts and uncles) in relation to:
- care arrangements for children;
- recovery and relocation applications;
- child support issues (including child support agreements).
Many of the child related matters in which I have had involvement include allegations of child abuse, allegations of domestic abuse, mental health and substance abuse issues.
I am a volunteer at the Women’s Law Centre, a government agency providing free legal assistance to disadvantaged women. I also sit on the Women’s Law Centre Board of Management, including their strategic planning committee.
- Bachelor of Arts (Social Science), Edith Cowan University, 1996
- Bachelor of Laws, Murdoch University, 2001
- Master of Applied Law (Family Law), 2013
Admitted to Practice
- 2 April 2003
Memberships & Associations
- Law Society of Western Australia – Member
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia – Member
- Member and former Councillor – Family Law Practitioners’ Association of Western Australia
- Former Councillor and Vice President – Collaborative Professionals WA
- Women’s Law Centre – Volunteer and Member Board of Management
- Defacto and Marital Financial Matters
- Parenting Matters